There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
- A time to be born and a time to die,
- A time to plant and a time to uproot,
- A time to kill and a time to heal,
- A time to tear down and a time to build,
- A time to weep and a time to laugh,
- A time to mourn and a time to dance,
…There IS a time to DANCE! Haha! Sorry, sometimes all I can see when I read that part is Wren McCormick fighting for his right to have a prom.
Hmmm… Wren… I still love him. But back on the Holy Word of God!
- A time to scatter stones and time to gather them,
- A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
- A time to search and a time to give up,
- A time to keep and a time to throw away,
- A time to tear and a time to mend,
- A time to be silent and a time to speak,
- A time to love and a time to hate,
- A time for war and a time for peace.
To be totally honest with you, the last two and a half years have been a solid time of dying, uprooting, killing, tearing down, weeping, mourning, scattering stones, refraining from embracing, giving up, throwing away, tearing, being silent, hating, and all out war.
My family (the 6 of us) have done and endured all of the above. We have all watched our family be torn apart by death, destruction, past unhealed hurts. We’ve been scattered like stones both physically and emotionally and the marriage that began June 19th, 1993, came to a screeching halt. BUT that’s not the end of the story.
This is the scripture I kept on my phone screen saver during this yuck time.
I can say, on this side of it, I’m glad it went down like this. We needed a clean break. We needed to heal individually before we could be strong together. So the marriage that ended on May 12, 2014, has been laid to rest.
NOW it’s time to be born, plant, heal, build, LAUGH, Dance (Yes, Wren, there IS indeed a time to DANCE!)
Bahahahahaha!!, Carrying on… It’s a time to gather stones, embrace, search, keep, mend, speak, love, and a time of PEACE!!
And all of these things shall occur on May 9th, 2015 and just like in Footloose, it will occur a couple counties over from us. The similarities are uncanny! I crack myself up. But, seriously, the love of my life has asked me to marry him again! I said yes 🙂
He was AMAZING by the way, and totally surprised me with a trip to NYC and proposed in a carriage ride in Central Park at CHRISTMAS TIME!!
What I hope comes from this post is just that, HOPE. If you are in a time of YUCK, please hold on! Miracles occur! And on the flip side is more than we can ask or imagine!
So PLEASE help me plan this shindig over the next few months!
Happy Valentines Weekend! AND
Happy Family Friday!!