So Here We are in our second Monumental Monday for June! We’re continuing the summer partying this month and this week we’re partying under the stars with the whole neighborhood! BTW, If you missed last week’s pool party, you can check it out here!
Watch this short fun video and read the helpful tips below to get your stress-free party on!
This Blog Post by Running-With-Scissors is EXACTLY how we constructed ours! Super simple and not very expensive! Easy Peasy!
The one I refer to in the video is this one. IT IS NOT the one I have and I can’t speak to the quality of this particular projector. But mostly just remember it’s more about the experience and the connection right? Than the quality of the movie! So, if you’re on a tight budget, there are cheaper options! Also this blog post rates a whole slew of projectors and you may find it quite helpful!
Remember last week! KISS - KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID! Keep that same mind-set when you’re thinking of movie snacks! You could do popcorn and candy, Hot Dogs, Ice Cream, etc. So many fun choices!
As you know, I made s’more kits! It was as simple as this:
- small crates - by Crazy CoonHound Designs. This Etsy shop was great to work with and super fast with my order. The price was very reasonable and the little mini crates were PERFECT for my S’more kits!
- Checkered Paper Liners - To create a fun picnic feel and a clean liner for your s’more ingredients.
- Marshmallows- Can you say “Amazon Prime”!?! I LOVE having stuff delivered to my front door in two days!
- Graham Crackers- Seriously! Decide on Wednesday to plan a s’more night for Friday! Go to your Amazon App and place that order! SKIP THE GROCERY STORE!! H-A-L-L-E-L-U-J-A-H!!
- Hershey Bars- I did order these as well, however I would NOT do it again! I got lucky and happened to be home when they were delivered! The delivery guy left it on the front porch in this Texas heat! Bad Idea, unless we were doing chocolate fondue… We weren’t. Go to Sams and buy in bulk!
- Marshmallow Roasting Sticks - I found these on Amazon and they were perfect! 3 feet in length and in a package of 100! We’re going to be making more s’mores this summer!
Now for the most important piece! The people! Jeff and I LOVED having our neighbors over for this fun movie night and it didn’t take ling before we were planning our next neighborhood gathering! Fun Times ahead!
I wrote a blog post a couple of weeks ago about stepping out and meeting your neighbors. I believe this is so valuable! I believe we get lost behind our computer screen rather than truly connecting with the people around us! This is OUR loss! So much support, fun and love can be found from the people who are literally right next door! With just a little effort you could just meet your new best friends! I hope this encourages you to plan your own special neighborhood shindig!
Happy Monumental Monday!